CREDA onlus is a non-profit organization, accredited association, founded in 1987 by WWF (World Wildlife Found) Agesci (Association of Italian Guides and Scouts), Italia Nostra and Legambiente.
The association carries out research projects, training, education and communication on environmental issues and sustainability of urban areas.
It is addressed to institutions, organizations, public and private agencies.
The association promotes the sustainable development of the territory, in particular:
• Resident involvement in the choices of design of a public area;
• education and training for sustainability;
• indicators of environmental and social quality (mobility and transportation, green, services, energy, waste management);
• information, communication and community involvement on important issues of environmental and social sustainability;
• publishing and communications through non-profit publisher.
CREDA onlus manages the activities of two environmental education centers in the Lombardy Region. The first center is located in the park of Monza, a historic park of 750 acres on the outskirts of Milan. The second center is located in Pisogne, on Lake Iseo, and organizes residential courses in environmental education for primary and secondary schools, groups and other nonprofit organizations.
The action of the association is divided into three main areas: Projects and services for sustainable development, Education and Teaching, Cultural services and Green weeks.
CREDA onlus delivers courses each year to 13000 students and 600 teachers and organizes green weeks for more than 550 children and teens.